This guide will help you to go through the steps required to start monitoring your server to maintain system uptime and maximize performance.
Nodelizer provides Monitoring facility for :
- Linux, Mac and FreeBSD servers
- Additional Services E.g. Apache & many others
- Virtual Platforms – VMWare and XenServer (Host, GuestVMs, storage)
To get the most out of the service, we suggest you to complete the following steps :
- Create your User-Account and get registered with us.
- Add a New Server for monitoring, through our WebApp – Manage Server Menu.
- Install & Configure the python Agent in your Server. Learn More at the Install Instructions Menu in our WebApp & select your server platform to view the related Installation Instructions.
- Once the agent gets installed, it will start posting your server data every minute. You’ll then be able to monitor your basic system performance metrics through our Web & Mobile Apps which includes :
For Linux, Mac, FreeBSD
CPU Usage, Disk Usage, IO Stats, Load Average, Memory, Network Traffic, Processes, TCP connections(SYN_RECV, SYN_SENT)
For VMWare, XenServer (Host and Guest VM)
CPU, Memory, Network Usage, Disk, Storage
- Additionally (for Linux, Mac & FreeBSD), you can also monitor Popular Applications / Services for example Apache, Exim, MySQL & many more. Kindly refer the documentation for Monitoring Additional Services. Modify the Agent Config file accordingly & restart the python Agent to begin application monitoring.
- Create your own custom Dashboards in the Web App for user-friendly, efficient and flexible Monitoring functionality & experience.
- To minimize system downtime & prevent any major system issues, just set up Server Alerts & get Notified through Email, SMS and Push Notifications. Instantly view Open Alert issues and check out the Alert Notifications History.
You can also monitor your server through our iPhone and Android mobile Applications. View your recent server data & graphs in the Mobile App, view open alerts & history of closed alerts and receive push notifications. For iOS, Apple Watch support is also available.