You can configure s for getting notified :
When your Server is not posting back data.
Alert – ‘No Host Data Posted’
When your VMWare / XenServer’s Guest VM State is being reported as something other than PoweredOn / Running.
Alert – ‘Guest VM – Inactive’
When any metric value hits certain threshold(gets too high / low) or is not as per its normal behaviour.
Metric monitoring Alerts
- First select the – Category :
- In Web-Application, select Server to add the Alert to.
- Select the Alert (parameter/ metric) you wish to watch.
For Metric Alerts :
- Specify the condition that triggers the alert.
- In addition, for the Host Storage alert select the datastore / storage repository; and for the GuestVM Alert select the Guest VM in the ‘For’ field.
- For GuestVM Inactive Alert, select the Guest VM in the ‘For’ field.