You can configure alerts for getting notified :
When your Server is not posting back data.
Alert – ‘No Host Data Posted’ (Basic System Alert)
When your Additional (Configured) Service is not reporting data.
Alert – ‘Service Down’ (Integration Alert)
When any metric value hits certain threshold(gets too high / low) or is not as per its normal behaviour.
Metric monitoring Alerts from all 3 Categories
To check if a process is running or not.
Alert – ‘Processes – List’ (Process Alert)
First select the Category for the Alert :
Basic System Alert / Integration Alert / Process Alert
- In Web-Application, select Server to add the Alert to.
- Select the Alert – parameter/metric you wish to watch.
For Metric Alerts, Process Alerts:
- Specify the condition that triggers the alert.
In addition, for the following metrics select/enter the ‘For’ value :
- Disk Usage
Specify the server mount point, e.g. /dev
- IO Stats
Specify server name, e.g. sda
- Network Traffic
Specify the interface, e.g. eth0
Note: You can get the server name, server mount point, interface name (to be entered in the ‘For’ field )by viewing your server’s graphs.
- Processes ( sub type – CPU usage, memory usage)
Specify process/command executable name, e.g. exim
- Disk Usage
- For CPU Usage -Alert , the metric value is taken as average across all CPUs.